Friday, March 7, 2014

London welcomes us!

Hey guys! So we are here in LONDON! Yeah, I know! How awesome is that?!?! Two trips for the price of one!?!?!

Here's our group waiting patiently to take off to London!
If you look closely you can see the NYC skyline in the background there! Yeah, pretty amazing! 


So after boarding in JFK we headed to the land of double-decer buses and hot tea at 10:00ish this morning! While on the plane, I started by watching 12 Years a Slave, which was probably not the best movie to watch on a plane, but it was super good, but also super sad…During the movie, the flight attendants came around and gave us breakfast, which consisted of eggs, crepe, two small slices of ham, and some baked apples. Although it was a strange compilation of foods, it really wasn’t too bad (or maybe I was just that hungry!) We also got a croissant roll with strawberry jelly and a fruit bowl with strawberries, cantaloupe, and pineapple. After the movie and breakfast, I got to enjoy a lovely nap (can you read the sarcasm?) in which I tossed and turned within my 6 inches of seating space. After getting that small nap in, I began watching the Internship, but before I knew it, I was seeing the lights of England’s coast out my window!!! It was awesome flying over both NYC and England at night and seeing the differneces! I could tell when we went over Oxford and eventually London, by the collection of lights! Other than those two big cities, England was pretty dark at 10pm.


After landing (and realizing that wifi cost money here too after the first 45 minutes of use) we ran around looking for an American Airlines representative to help us find some hotel for the night. Oh, and customs! I met an Asian-looking man with a British accent who asked what my purpose was in England. Haha. I could have laughed in his face, but instead of getting arrested, I explained our situation and he smirked like it wasn’t the first time he had heard that story… (did anyone else in my group who has flown through England spoken to the Asian/Britian? )


Now we are here, at our Hotel after driving around London and seeing da world! Awesome Awesome Awesome! The wifi here  costs 15 pounds a night, and I figured Ken wouldn’t enjoy that additional charge to his credit card, so sorry guys for this being so late!!! (Gram, stop hyperventilating, Im good. Mom, breathe. Bryan, well, you have probably already forgotten about me ;) Just kidding. I know that’s not true! So I plan on posting this tomorrow morning when I get my 45 minutes of online time at the airport!

Our bus ride to the hotel!
We are welcomed. Finally in Europe! 

Adios Amigos!

Katie Kimble

No comments:

Post a Comment