Thursday, March 6, 2014

Still here in RDU….

Hey guys! So this morning we arrived at Sullivan where we loaded onto an NCSU bus that took us to the airport. 
Katie Kimble and Katie Stephenson

We then checked our bags and got our boarding passes, went through security (which thankfully, I did not set off with my bionic heart) and we headed to our terminal!
Katie Kimble, Sarah Nilson, Katie Stephenson, Lynde Ring, Carmen Brown
 Lynde Ring, Katie Kimble, Katie Stephenson


While waiting for our plane to board, I filled up my water bottle, got some yummy popcorn chicken from the local KFC and settled into a oh-so-comfy terminal seat to wait for 1:05 with a group of gals from our trip.

Sarah Nilson, Katie Stephenson, Lynde Ring, Katie Kimble, Carmen Brown and Ken Johnson




Finally. We. Boarded. I found my seat 21-A with a window and prepared myself for the takeoff!



Slowly we backed up and …then rolled back into the terminal…. and they announced that our PA system was broken. So we sat in our seats and waited. For about 45 minutes. And then they announced that we were going to have to deplane because the problem could not be fixed.


SO….now we are waiting in the airport to see if there is any way to get to Miami (that has severe thunderstorms) or another place to get us to Spain! Ken and Chester have been running from counter to counter trying to find any possible way to get all 36 people onto an aircraft!!

I will keep yall up to date and tell ya when/where I am! BUT KEEP PRAYIN!!!!!!! God has a reason for delaying our Spanish Adventures, but it has been very disheartening and nerve-racking trying to get there!

Adios,

Katie Kimble

2 comments:

  1. There is a reason tho we not not why. If all else fails, come to NM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may be on my way there if this doesn't work…

      Delete